(All about my activities, thoughts, inspiration, ideas, and everything that happened around me...)

Thursday, May 3, 2012

My trip experience from INDIA to USA


It was first trip outside India and was extremely excited about it. We decided the trip in such a short span of time and almost booked the tickets instantly.

I was very busy in roaming, packing and attending calls from my friends and relatives throughout my 2 days prior to flight. And mom, dad, MIL n FIL dont ask, they cared like anything before leaving. They all helped me a lot in my luggage packing. And my sister was continuously calling me in between, just to make sure I am safe as I am little careless about things. They wanted me to call once when I am in the Airplane. I too didn’t disappoint them.

So, finally cabs came and we arranged our luggage’s in cab and started for Airport. When we went to Airport, I felt like I am lost somewhere. The formalities were not as stringent and tough as I thought; they were quite friendly and easy. When we were done through check-in of our luggage’s, we went near to our parents and started chatting and taking pictures and also waiting for my grandmother, uncle and aunty who were stuck in the traffic. But, finally they reached when we were about to check-in for immigration formalities. After all formalities, I was busy in seeing the shops around there, gift items, and CHOCOLATES!!(as it was first time. I never entered inside).

My Family @Hyderabad Airport
Here, they called us to board the flight. My excitement was reaching high. I went in queue, searched for my seat and sat. Ok, 1, 2, 3.. the pilot announced the takeoff. I put on my seat belt. Was very curiously watching the window, and flight started with high speed. I could see the clouds. Oh man, it was so good to see the thick clouds. I took snaps one after another, (which I realized after coming home that clouds are good only to see- not in pictures).

Then it all started my trip to USA with my husband after marriage. Snacks, coffee, lunch, drinks, juices, I just remembered all my train trips, where all the bajji bondawalas and men with "chai chai,,, coffee coffee,," and all the juice, bhel, dosa, idli, etc etc. But I thought this was quite sophisticated.

@Delhi Airport


@Chicago Airport

We spend our time by watching our marriage pics and videos, chitchat for some time, some romance and then went to sleep without our knowledge. In the morning, Air Hostesses served breakfast and after having it again we started watching movies in our laptop and discussed about our marriage time scenes. After travelling of 14 hours, we landed in Chicago Airport.

There, again we just checked in our luggage’s and completed all the security check-ins. Later, went in the train to our terminal for our next connecting flight to Austin. We went near our board and sat with my husband for around 2 Hours. My husband offered me for snacks and coffee and at the very first time, i was confused what to order. I ordered banana wrap and starbucks coffee. Now today, I became a big fan of starbucks coffee after tasting it.

On the way to Austin from Chicago
However, I heard an announcement from our gate and quickly landed into our next flight. This flight was small and journey was only 1-1/2 hrs. After reaching our final destination, we soon grabbed our luggages from the counter.  It was evening and in meanwhile got a call from a friend of my husband that he is waiting outside. At the entrance, we were welcomed by him and started our final journey towards our home at Austin.

All the way to home I was seeing outside from window and surprised myself that finally I am in USA. When I entered my home, I was extremely excited to it and took bath. My husband friend arranged milk, rice, jaggery and ghee at home. So, as a custom, I at first prepared parvaannanam(it’s a kind of sweet prepared with rice) and offered to God. As I was feeling very hungry and tied of long journey from India to USA, we had dinner at restaurant and went to sleep.
Parvaannanam

@gruhapravesham


 This is my journey experience from India (Hyderabad) to USA (Austin)


Urs,
Sudha Rani


No comments:

Post a Comment