(All about my activities, thoughts, inspiration, ideas, and everything that happened around me...)

Friday, May 4, 2012

The Artist inside me.... :)

In my younger days I loved art. I loved doing creative things. The focus has shifted as I became busy in studies and job. There where be a time when I can do art again. Now as a housewife my art looks like putting together my husband outfits, a clean kitchen, plannings, etc... Basically as a housewife my priorities have changed. Today, I have lot of leisure time and thought to focus on my passion which I left behind. As, I am not a good drawer, I thought to start with simple sketches. I googled for pencil sketches and saved few which was easy and simple for me to draw and started with basic layout sketches. I put all my best efforts to bring out my artist inside me….
Young women Face - Pencil Sketch
Looking at the pic, I thought it was very easy to draw, but I wasted 4 A4 sheet papers and took 4 hours to draw this young women face. But finally, I drew it with all my efforts put and made it successful.
Boat on the Lake Shore -- Pencil Sketch
I took almost half an hour to draw this scenery. In our childhood we drew so many scenery's and we all were very good in drawing sceneries. As for my knowledge, scenery means, a big tree near a big river which is around the amountains and on the top of that mountains, one round sun..hehehe...I draw this pic from one magazine at my home. A 5th standard student posted this scenery in that magazine.
Buddha - Pencil Sketch
We all are aware of Gautama Buddha, who was a spirtual teacher from the indian subcontinent, on whose teachings Buddhism was founded. I put all my efforts and tried my best to draw this face of Buddha. I learned a lot about curving and darking the curves.
Lord Shiva - Pencil Sketch
Today is Mahashivratri.Mahashivaratri falls on the 13th day of the dark half of Phalgun. It means "the night of Shiva". All the prayers and rituals are performed at night. Shiva got married to Parvati on this auspicious day. Lord Shiva appeared in the form of a ling in front of Brahma and Vishnu on this day.Lord Shiva is known as the Lord of Destruction. He has three eyes and is said that when his third eye opens, the whole universe gets destroyed. So, I just quick sketched this portrait of Lord Shiva.

Rose - Pencil Sketch
This is my first attempt at doing a shaded pencil drawing of a rose. I have wanted to draw one for a while, and have been looking for weeks for a rose to draw. I finally found the inspiration for this one in a flower magazine last week. It was fun to do, and I learned a lot drawing it.
Rajasthani Women Potrait - Pencil sketch
This is a Rajasthani Woman, whom I have tried to portray in Graphite Pencil. As you can see, she is holding her pallu in her hand to cover her face. I loved her facial expression and gave an attempt as a graphite sketch! I hope you all will like it! :)


Urs,
Sudha Rani


No comments:

Post a Comment