(All about my activities, thoughts, inspiration, ideas, and everything that happened around me...)

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Addiction to Social Networking is Making me Fat and Less Productive


Today when I woke up I opened my Ipad nd Iphone and then I saw that the WiFi wasn't working. I panicked. Then I had nothing to do. I thought it isn't that bad, I can do something else. Maybe to watch TV. Ops no I need the Internet for it. Then I only had one thing to do…. House Cleaning. Like it was long time passed I cleaned the house. I realized that I’m kind of addicted to Internet-work.

People become addicted to social networking sites and they start spending hours and hours in front of their laptops or even their mobiles. I thought for a while that the social media addiction is the one l should be thinking on because I was one of the people who spent about 10 hrs a day patrolling social websites, generating contents almost every 5 minutes and contributing to the wealth of such big social network owners like Facebook, Google Plus etc.

Technology is good and evil and humans have the sole responsibility to chose what to consume at what time. Business owners have the mind set to make money, they don’t care about our success or our future. Its all up to each of us to decide what to do with our life at every moment we still breathing. Now, the getting fat part of social media. I know this is crazy but l think social network and technology itself is getting most of our current generation fat and lazy. 

I have watched some people near to me and in my Facebook page, spending lot of time on social network almost commenting, liking, recommending or posting updates on hourly bases. I think this is a whole messy distraction that will not produce very good graduates or leaders of the next generation. 

I am not Anti to social network but just as l love it, l hate how it has taken over most of our lives to the extent we almost live our life online than in real life. We feel obliged to keep conversations about our online life going and forget about our real life. 

Life is a choice so what we decide to do with ours is all up to us. There will never be any regulation on how much time we can spend online so there is no need to think the cops will be knocking on our door because we spend too much time on social sites. Truth is, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what is online, what matters is your real life, so its better to get one and make it important. We may promote our business or sites online and generate income for our-self, that’s a good idea and beneficial.

Have a great day and try to live in real life with real friends.

bye,

No comments:

Post a Comment