(All about my activities, thoughts, inspiration, ideas, and everything that happened around me...)

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Way of thinking for a women in a society


Few days back when I was working, we all colleagues were on a usual chat in our office. We generally talk about from food in our canteen to the entire topics in the world. Then someone started the topic of marriage and after a brief of things being discussed the topic came to the qualities expected in wife. In our team there were 3 girls and 14 boys. As the majority of the boys were high and girls, including me were engaged, so the discussion was going in between the boys and we girls were adding our comments in between.

Collegue1:  My wife should be beautiful, respect my parents and me (parivaar ka khyaal rakhna crap) and be a house wife.

CollegueX : Why housewife?

Collegue1: I don’t like women going around and working, it looks odd to me

CollegueY: Why does it look odd to you?
Collegue1: Don’t know, whenever I think of women I remember kitchen, children, cooking.... earning is for the men lot.


He also added that he would not like it if his wife called him by his name..........he wanted his wife to refer to him as "oh ji............haan ji"etc kinda usual shit.


Now let’s go to Collegue2
Collegue2: I would not mind if my wife is working.......but she should not be earning more than me because that will make me lose control over her........I want her to be under limits set by me and you can't do that when she earns more. And moreover I will lose respect in my community.


Now there were lots of other comments put in by others, some like the above two, someone against it, some in between and so on.........

Here I want to highlight that both of my Colleagues are with high education and economically n financially settled............. But still they could not accept the fact that wife/women in general are no way lesser to them.

Society says or thinks that a seedha saadha girl is termed innocent and backward and a modern girl with stubborn views is called A BITCH.

Our society has set boundaries for woman and anyone crossing those boundaries is an untouchable.

An elder of the family says that "who would want a daughter in law who kicks football all day and can't make round chappatties".

My question:“Is a woman is for making chapaties only” DONT THEY HAVE GOALS...  ASPIRATIONS.......LIKES ...............DISLIKES…..

If women can do a work that a boy does, then why can’t a boy do the job which a woman does? If a woman gives respect to man then in returns she has the right to take respect too.

Don’t they have any right to choose the best for her...?  Why they need to give explanations and why they need to take permissions for all silly things? Why society is having expectations with girls? Why they can’t provide freedom and make them enjoy freedom as much as the boys do. The freedom should be in limits based on situation and not gender.

Women who deliver the life by taking the risk of his own life is criticized for every movement of her life by the society. A women is being criticized as a women, whether it is matter of her wearing clothes , matter of love , matter of selecting a partner for her for marriage, matter of  taking education, even she is criticized on her birth.

Equally at the same time it is the responsibility of the each person of the civilized society must understand the value of woman in the society. Every woman in the society must be respected as woman no matter she is a mother, daughter, sister, wife, or a friend of someone. She must be respected as woman for which she deserve for.  



 Urs,

1 comment: